Friday, August 3, 2007

"We don't knit for crack-hoes!"

Last night was Yarn Harlot's visit to Burlington. It can really be summed up in one word: AMAZING!!!! Her blog may be funny but she is absolutely hilarious in person. There was a bit of a fiasco on my part getting there. Because I work all day everyday it did not occur to me that there would be a Red Sox game getting at at the time that I was trying to get to the commuter rail station right next to Fenway (Yawkee for those who care/didn't know). So I got on the bus that the MBTA website told me to take at the time the MBTA site told me to take it. We turn onto Broolike Ave...and then we stop. We inch along for a while and I'm looking at my cellphone wondering if I'm going to make my train. So I get off the bus and I jog/power walk down Brookline, up Boylston, down Yawkee and then book it through the parking lot. Get on the train without issue but then there's a medical emergency so we're waiting and waiting. I was supposed to meet Alicia at 5...I got off the train at 5:30. After that it was pretty much smooth sailing...the traffic wasn't that bad at all. We got there at about 6 and decided to just grab seats and start knitting since there were already a fair number of people there. So we were just sitting there knitting and talking about the parts of Alicia's life that are not going so well at the moment, when Jess (Frecklegirl and Ravelry inventor extraordinaire). She skwooshed my Reversible Cable Scarf *glee*. Sorry, it's not too often that I find myself sitting nest to someone famous. That sucker's getting huge now...less than ten repeats left to go...I sense an FO in my future!! I also got one of the amazing Ravelry pins which is now prominently displayed on my backpack. Then it was Harlot time. Again...AMAZING!!! Then Alicia and I headed off to dinner at Not Your Average Joe's which was really good...and was made even better when Alicia decided to pay...oh how I love that girl.


As for other knitting, I have not touched Column of Leaves...I just can't bring myself to do it at the moment. So most nights I've been working on my Champagne by Night Afghan...I've determined that the best part about this project is that the needles are so huge that I have tripled the length in a few distracted hours. Still a long way to go since I still have quite a few balls left to go but it's making me happy and that's what matters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a good time at YH. ::MUAH::
I totally have the same title on my YH post. Either I'm not creative today, or it was just awesome to hear Stephanie say that... yep... i think it's the latter. (maybe both)

knittingnurse said...

Oooh, Ooooh, I want a Ravelry pin too!

Ravelry girl AND yarn harlot in the same day. WOWZA!

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ...