Tuesday, June 13, 2017

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. The meeting was in Seattle so I had some quality time on planes. Time for knitting!


I made friends with one of the flight attendants who pet my scarf. We talked shop for a little bit and he asked for my pattern (Baci by Anne Hansen). 

When I finally made it to Seattle I was pleasantly surprised by how pretty everything was even along the highway. I even have a nice view from my hotel room. 


I got the opportunity to catch up with some of my mentors from residency which is always nice. My poster was well received too. 


I went at noon and talked about our research into quality of life and cost-effectiveness after surgery for locally advanced rectal cancer. 

Getting home was an adventure. There was weather over Chicago so we circled Midway for a while before we got diverted to Des Moines. Once there I found out that my original flight to Omaha had been cancelled and they were going to add a stop in St. Louis. So I got off the plane and ended up sharing the last rental car at the airport with an elementary school teacher from Alaska. 

It's definitely good to be home!

No comments:

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ...