Monday, July 30, 2007

HELP!

So...this weekend I tried to work on my Column of Leaves scarf a bit just for a change of pace. I'm struggling so hard on this sucker its not even funny. I'll make it a couple rows and then out of no where I've skipped a few stitches in the directions or something because I have far many more stitches than I need to finish the row. Now there are a few things that I think may be causing some or all of my issues.

1) The directions for a specific row wrap to a second line
2) I have yet to implement a lifeline
3) This is my first lace-type project
4) I seem to only be working on it really late at night

So my thoughts are that I will frog...again...find some yarn to use as a life line so that I don't have to start from scratch all the the time. Rewrite the pattern so that the directions for a single row are on one line. Put the pattern in a sheet protector and grab a dry erase marker so that I can cross off stitches as I do them. Try not to cry. Any other suggestions that you might have for me are more than welcome.

I think that it's time for me to go back to the mind-numbing cables of the Reversible Cable Scarf and the never-ending moss stitch of the Warm Up America Afghan.

On the plus side I get to see Yarn Harlot later this week with Alicia. Hopefully I won't have to get into work too early so that I don't pass out in the middle of something important/fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No crying! (I've cried enough for the both of us lately)
I would say re-writing and lifeline is a good plan. I also find that working late at night doesn't help with that. I haven't been working on my Wisp as much as I'd like because it's when I'm really upset or it's late at night and I don't want to mess it up. I did some work on it last night when I couldn't sleep at 2am and I *think* I didn't mess up anything. I'm finally falling into the pattern. I haven't decided if I'm taking it to YH for that very reason...
Good luck! Can't wait to see you!

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ...