Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Insanity

Ok...so I had heard how much Ravelry could eat my time and how I was going to have a million things I wanted to knit after browsing around for a few minutes but I didn't think it was going to be so bad!!! I have 11 patterns in my queue after 2 days...11!!!! So so many things I want to knit and so little time!! Hopefully once I get my big afghan projects out of the way I can move on to smaller things that I can actually feel like I'm getting something accomplished with. I've made quite a bit of progress on the Reversible Cable Scarf since Friday...watching movies for almost 4 hours Friday night definitely helped on that front:P Now if only my boss would stop giving me so many papers to read and experiments to run so that I could actually enjoy my summer and knit till my heart's content.

Ah well, at least I got my experiments up and running again today. I was having some issues with getting my gels to...well...gel these past few days. Turns out that since no one has done my kind of experiment (Westerns for those of you who are scientifically inclined) for years that one of the most finicky reagents had gone so bad that it made rancid meat look good. So I bummed some off of one of the other people on the floor and got everything working. Now if only I could figure out what happened to that fourth set of sponges...

Innywho time to get reading in the vain hope that I can knit a little bit later on tonight. Maybe I will take a break from the cables for a little while...maybe not...

3 comments:

Knitterella said...

Yeah, it's Ravelry wonderfully addicting!? It's an awesome thing!

Jill

Anonymous said...

I love it so much! Jess and Casey are my new heroes!!

Unknown said...

YAYYYY! So ponyknit and moriah are officially linked in blogland... :)

I started mine too because of YOU (getting me into knitting) and because I read so many blogs it seemed like a great way to make friends and organize my knitting thoughts.

YAY for Yarn Harlot! WHOOO!

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ...