Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaKniSweMo Begins!

This is was my progress after two days of knitting/studying at the same time...hooray for endless garter stitch. I now understand why people like have a "mindless stockinette" project. This is up to the row before the eyelet increases (essentially the entire yoke), which I have since completed after much math consternation. Seriously...I can do calculus...why was that so hard? Oh wait...that's right...I've never been very good at simple math. If anyone else out there is making the February Lady Sweater in the large and would like my incredibly OCD even and symmetric spacing for the eyelets leave a comment and I can email it to you...I'm good about sharing info like that :D So far I'm really liking the sweater. I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at how high everything is on me right now but I think/hope that it will all work itself out as the sweater gains weight and has something to make it stay under my arms.
In other news, my Halloween costume was a hit! I was even given an unofficial "Best Costume" by a good 5 people at the party (I think there were maybe 20 people there). A good friend of mine who's been having trouble conceiving announced that he and his wife are pregnant which is awesome...looks like I have some baby clothes to make!! Perhaps it's about time I bought the BSJ pattern. Good times were had by all though. And I continue to astonish people with my knitterly behavior...I was in the library knitting/studying today and one of my classmates (who watched me knit the hat and went to the party) was asking me if I was knitting next year's costume...I told him that I was knitting a sweater simply for the purpose of having a sweater. He actually laughed at me! :P

Yesterday was also lots of fun...after a good long morning/afternoon of studying I went out to dinner with several classmates/friends and saw the director for my current rotation at the restaurant celebrating his daughter's birthday. She was adorable and the director was great as always...right down to buying us a bottle of wine...now that was definitely unexpectedly generous. We "countered" with a piece of chocolate torte to his daughter with a candle and singing for her birthday...mostly as a thank you, but we realized much later that we are also the biggest group of suck-ups in the history of man...4 of the 7 of us at dinner are on that rotation right now...AWESOME. All in all a good weekend. Now I need to get ready for bed (when did it get to be so late!!!) so that I can get up and study lots more tomorrow!! Happy knitting to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

Bea said...

The sweater look great so far. Glad your party was awesome.

Unknown said...

WOOT! Lovely! Your definitely farther along than I am. I have made progress... stay tuned ;)
What calculations do you have?
How many rows per day? Still haven't talked myself into officially joining NaKnitSweMo

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ...