Monday, October 13, 2008

All Hallow's Eve

There comes a time in a girl's life when she is invited to a Halloween party. If she is a crafty girl of meager means she will often look to her closet for inspiration...and her local Walmart for yarn to complete the costume.

And so it came about, after being invited to "the biggest med school shit-show ever" by one of my good friends that I was in need to a pink hat. You see...being rather poor I decided to see what I could make into a costume from what was already in my closet. I had jeans, a pink t-shirt, and brown shoes...I decided to go as Meg Griffin from Family Guy. (Shameless hyperlinking included for those who don't know who that is) All I needed was black rimmed glasses and a pink hat. I rummaged around my room a bit and found my own black rimmed glasses, and looked at my stash (via Ravelry...God Bless Jess and Casey) and realized I didn't have anything of a suitable color pink. So off I went to my local Walmart to get the cheapest most obnoxiously pink yarn I could find. After a little bit of trial and error I settled on a pattern and got to work. Right now it looks more like a ruffled triangle...but it's gonna be a hat I promise. Since it's just stockinette for the first 7 inches or so I can knit while I'm reading...which is always a bonus. I *should* be able to complete this by Halloween...barring disaster of course...and after that I will have to find something else to do with all this hot pink sport weight yarn...perhaps some baby hats. Off to continue studying about how to treat the illnesses of the little ones. And remember folks; babies are not just little adults!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome costume idea. Can't wait to see more of this hat! Your so creative.
I would hope you also didn't have all of your stash in your room... but then again... I'd have trouble limiting myself too ;)

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ...