Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Confessional

So...I have a few confessions to make. First of all...I am an ignorant knitter. Why do you ask? Because I came to the realization that for the past year I have been going to school just over 2,500 feet from Windsor Button. This is sad given the number of times I've gone shopping in Downtown Crossing...and the fact that I take the train from Boylston out to my lab twice a week. Care to see how pathetic this is? In the picture below you will see the approximate walking path starting at the bottom and going toward the top...this will take less than 10 minutes. I virtually live less than half a mile from WINDSOR BUTTON...I have failed as a knitter.
Second confession: I found the knitting section of my public library while I was there this past weekend. I took out three books...I have already photocopied several patterns and have been neglecting my school work in favor of reading Knitting Rules. Part of this confession is my contemplation of using the Interlibrary Loan System to get copies of certain IK patterns...especially since the Fall 2007 issue is sold out. Not so bad as confessions so...all things considered.

Third confession: There is a significant part of my stash that I have not been owning up to. This wasn't on purpose. It wasn't in with the rest of my stash in the big Rubbermaid bin...and it's all jumbled together in a bag such that it's a bit difficult to figure out what's what...and I'm clearly making excuses for myself. So here it is:What I'm assuming to be about 6 hanks of Cascade 220I can't believe I forgot about it since I was thinking about making a striped tube scarf with it...Not sure when I'm going to do that...but I'll post the pattern when I do. I hope you don't think poorly of me for keeping these things from you :P Happy knitting everyone...I need to go learn about fastidious bacteria...

No comments:

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ...