Monday, September 3, 2007

Speed Blogging!!

Alright...it's been a while since I've given you much of anything to look at...which means that I have a ton of pictures for you. But since I am fast approaching bed-time I will try to be as fast a possible.

So, during my first week of class I pushed to get all of my PIF Exchange done before I became so bogged down that I forgot to sleep. That resulted in 4 washcloths due to a relative lack of creativity on my part. My thinking was that everyone likes nice soap...and one can never have too many washcloths...so it was basically a win-win. These were the end result:
They were all done in Sugar 'n' Cream in either the Jewel or Patio Pinks colorways. The lacy-cabley one is the Lacy Mock Cable Cloth and the other is just the simple bias-knit washcloth pattern which I didn't actually look up a pattern for. Now...I would like to remind you that I bought the yarn for these before classes started...and that I did not know what colors my syllabi were going to be for my first set of classes...but somehow I managed to do this:
I'm not going to lie, I was a little bit scared.

Then last week I started working on some fingerless mittens for my Mom to go with the Reversible Cable Scarf that I made her. I used Carissa Knit's Cabled Fingerless Mitts pattern as a starting point. I added some seed stitch on either side of the cable to match the scarf and changed the ribbing a little bit around the fingers (my Mom and I have kinda short palms and I didn't want these to get too long). So after a week of knitting through class to stay awake I present another FO.

Classes have been going well. I had my first test last Friday in Pharmacology. I wasn't very pleased with the class because it was structured horribly...but I'm pretty sure I passed the test and that's all that really matters. Had an awesome time this weekend in Amherst with Alicia and our amazing blog-free friend Enid. They threw me a little bit of a surprise birthday party...and locked me out of the apartment to do it *glares* I love those two so much!! No tests this week...but I have my Psychopathology Midterm coming up on the 10th. I know you all want to be me right now :P Hopefully I'll be back with more knitting soon...at the very least I'll be by later this week to show you my birthday haul. Happy knitting everyone!!!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday!

The gloves you made your mom are great! I think it's so cool that you use patterns as a base, changing things to fit what you want.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you... I couldn't contain my wishes here, I posted them on my blog ;)

Miss Me said...

happy birthday!
the dishcloth colours and the syllabuses (what is the *real* plural of that?) are simply one of those freakish things. take it as a sign of things just going along the right path... a little bit of cosmic re-assurance.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I feel like a big 'ol slacker - I haven't even started my PIF knitting yet...

ASCRS 2017

So I had the awesome opportunity to present some of my research at the annual meeting for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ...